Want a change from the hectic pace of life? Thinking of giving the family a much needed break? Then head to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the one place where even the government assists the holidaymaker to relax by restricting frenetic sightseeing to a few hours of the day.
In the Andaman Islands, the beaches, museums, forts and jail are some of the circuits you will do at a leisurely pace once you are here. The sunset and sunrise are breathtaking every single day! Diving, snorkeling and other water sports will add that extra zing to your holiday in the Andaman Islands.
Capital: Car Nicobar & Port Blair
Best Time of Visit:
1. The main tourist season in the Andaman’s is between November and mid-May with the absolute peak season being December to March.
2. The months of June, July, August and September are considered the rainy season. However travelers at this time can get great off season prices and discounts at many hotels due to the low number of tourist influx.
3. Rain peaks in June and July and one could get pleasant weather in August and September with a little luck. Of course the weather is highly unpredictable in the Andaman’s.
4. Do also note that even in November and December one could experience light showers. Being tropical islands it is difficult to accurately predict the cycle of rains.
5. In terms of scuba diving, the best time to dive the Andaman’s is February and March as the sea is at its flattest, wind is almost absent and visibility is excellent. Diving remains closed in Havelock between 01 June - 31 July and most dive shops reopen on 01 August for the start of a new season.
Minimum Days required: 4 days
Places of Interest:
Things to carry:
How to get there: